Dear Members and Partners of the UK- Brazil Business Community,
As you are all probably aware, after all the debate, Brexit will happen at midnight tonight.
Naturally, this will raise many questions about the UK’s relationships and trade with Europe and many other countries around the world, particularly Brazil. The British Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Brazil – Britcham would like to point out that:
- based on the UK’s negotiations with the European Union, there will be an 11-month transition period during which free trade and travel between the UK and EU member countries will continue unchanged;
- Britcham stands ready and willing to help its members and the UK-Brazil business community take the fullest possible advantage of future Brexit opportunities;
- we have a finely tuned relationship with the British Government’s diplomatic mission in Brazil, which means that while the UK is negotiating or renegotiating its agreements with other countries, we will be keeping a close eye on developments to ensure our members stay abreast of any upcoming opportunities as and when they arise;
- our Sector Committees will be organising events to discuss Brexit and other issues and create opportunities for all of our members. Our members are encouraged to use Britcham Committee events as a forum and platform to share best practices, challenges and opportunities and discuss how you are preparing for and dealing with Brexit;
- Meetings organised by Britcham’s International Trade and Investments Committee, led by Carolina Ures and Thomas Fesl, can be used to discuss any Brexit-related issues you might be facing. These meetings will also be providing additional information and presenting possible solutions. The Committee also plans to bring Brexit specialists to its meetings to provide in-depth analysis.
Britcham is here to help!
We are the Official Chamber representing trade, industry, investments, services relationships between the UK and Brazil.